Rev. Erica Lea-Simka studied Behavioral Science at San Jacinto College, Psychology and Women’s and Gender Studies at Texas A&M, and earned a Master of Divinity degree from Truett Seminary at Baylor University. She occasionally participates in online continuing education with Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary.
Erica is a published author and experienced preacher and workshop leader. Interests include: interfaith relations, Christian EcoFeminism, monasticism, neo-monasticism, prayer labyrinths, gender, sexuality, Ignatian Spirituality, individual and community discernment, and more.
Recent presentations and publications include:
- Belovedness of All Creation (June 2018; Mennonite Church USA)
- The Virtue of Fidelity (Dec. 2017; The Mennonite)
- Living Your Call: Discerning Faithfully (Jan. 2017; Gay Christian Network Conference)
- On Earth As In Heaven: The Power to Celebrate & Bridge Intersectionalities of Creation & Creator (Nov. 2016; Mennonite Church USA Women Doing Theology Conference)
- Feel the Burn; Pentecost on Mockingbird Lane: Sermons from the 2015 National Festival of Young Preachers (Jan. 2016; Academy of Preachers)
- On the Road Again (October 2015; Baptist Peacemaker)
- Monasticism & Neomasticism: Contemporary Community Rooted in Classic Antiquity (July 2015; Mennonite Church USA)
- Prayer Labyrinths: Centering for Peace (Feb. 2015; DC Interfaith Leadership Summit)
- Together At the Table: Inclusive Communion and Intimate Conversations (Jan. 2015; Evangelical & Ecumenical Women’s Caucus- Christian Feminism Today)
- The Problem of Violence (June 2014; Baptist News Global)
- On Baptism and Peace (May 2014; Baptist News Global)
- Christian Ecofeminist Images, Language, & Actions: A Conversation with Feminist Theologians (Feb. 2014; Mennonite Church USA Women Doing Theology Conference)
- Living Advent (Dec. 2013; Baptist News Global)
- Grieving Summer: A Havdalah (Sept. 2013; Baptist News Global)
Contact Erica for more information or for booking.